PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Its been a very long time since Hubby and I got away from our 'lives' to spend time together! With two kids and 3 dogs, a household, sports, homework, and owing my own beauty biz, we often find ourselves running crazy! So we are taking a TIME OUT this week! As we were driving to Jekyll Island in Georgia, then St. Simon's Island, where we were married 9 years ago, a 9 hour trip, I began to think that it would be real fun to share things that i learn everyday! Maybe to help capture the moments and hold them a bit longer. So my story begins!

When I arrived home on Saturday night at 10:30pm, after my TRAVELING CHAIR DAY, The kids and dogs already dropped off with grandma, I pushed through the back door with a LARGE smile on my face, ready to exclaim to my hubby, that its 'vacation time'. I was stopped dead in my tracks as WATER, flowed down from the ceiling in our kitchen, from the recessed lighting, dripped happily from around the door joints from the garage inner door! OMG! All the lights in the house were ablaze, and as I ran upstairs to find hubby, I wondered if our vacation was doomed?
"i just don't understand what happened?" Ken, my husband started just blurting out, not so mad, just scratching his head like. More than 80 plus (i am guessing here) gallons of water had poured out of our wash machine when, we guess, the pump within the machine went bad! To fast forward, we spent the next two hours on hands and knees with our Rainbow vacum, lots of towels and rags, sucking up water, from our rugs and 2nd floor laundry room. Finally hitting the bed at 1am, we were exhausted!
Before we left Hanover VA, we had to visit HOME DEPOT, where we purchased a new washer, with hopes of a Thursday delivery,(that's when we get back). No chance. JUNE 4th! Nice... 2 weeks no laundry. Ok.... Lets just get on our 9 hour trip to Georgia.

Things I have learned on DAY 1 of our Day Trip to Jekell Island Georgia:

* Sometimes you have to just roll with the punches and make lemonaide out of lemons. Keep truck'in
* The house without the dogs and kids at first... is quiet and relaxing...but after just a little while..... sad and depressing... realizing that I miss the noise and the constant nagging-this makes me a mom and a big part of who i am. 
* The fine laugh lines around my husband of 9 years eyes, have grown deeper and more handsome and even after 9 hours of travel together in the car, we found things to talk about without the radio for more than 8 hours of our trip.
* 70's music on satelite radio is the best music to listen to when you are driving through GEORGIA the last LEG of your trip! invigorating to sing along to and feel the character and flavor of Georgia.
* A late night diner with my husband, on beautiful Jekell island is just what i needed along with the salty fresh breeze and stillness of the night with the crickets singing, I feel my soul light up and my batteries begin to recharge
* That our vacation destination to the beach on deserted Jekell Island is better than any international flight destination we could have chosen.


Always a good sight to behold!

Hubby checking on the kids
me: singing 70's music


A must visit place



this gets up and over the Dunns to the beach! Its beautiful!



ok, 9 hours in a car, no makeup...dont judge! LOL!!!
we made it!


Joy

0 comments:

Post a Comment