PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Where to begin!? I arrived in South Hill, Virginia Friday night to a cozy room at the Hampton Inn. I was in heaven looking at the fluffy beds waiting for me to dive in. This past week I should back up to share with you that i came down with the stomach flu! (gasp!) Its been many years and that little bug still has not decided to play nice! He wins every time doesn't he? Although I had spent half the week in bed, you can imagine I was still (and still am now) trying to feel "back to normal"- back at 100%.  So the beds were calling and my body was craving more rest.
But on pageant weekend, its really no time, to rest! Its a "go" from the time you arrive until you leave. I  always feel like I am in a beauty "time warp" and the outside world almost ceases to turn! I am so caught up in the moment that time flies, and I am exhausted at the end of a pageant weekend!

My friend Jennifer, as I have shared in a previous post, had decided to give it a shot at the Mrs. Virginia America title.  I agreed to be her hair and beauty consult/makeup artist for the weekend! After getting her ready for her diner out on Friday night.I was able to hit the sack until the AM when it was time for INTERVIEWS!


Interviews in  this pageant consist of a panel of 5 judges asking a variety of goal, inspirational and lifestyle questions. Makeup for Interview is fresh and  pretty, and I design it around being in a room with windows and natural lighting. I also use the interview suit color for inspiration. Jennifer decided ahead of time that she wanted her hair more full with curls, so that is what we did!

Around 3:30 pm we headed over to the little town of South Hill to the restored Theatre. Its was beautiful! Rolling my big makeup kit with all the fix'ins in it, I set up in the makeup room and prepared for the evening!

We had about an hour to curl and change over to Stage Makeup. What I love is that i already had Jennifers Interview base on her face. So it was a matter of adding false eye lashes and layering darker colors over the Interview colors from earlier in the day.



SO here is my BIG SURPRISE!!! I DID IT AGAIN!!!! I GOT BEAUTY TIPS For you FROM THE PROS!! There were a few other makeup artists in the back stage area, and I could not HELP but whip out a pen and paper to get a few BEAUTY TIPS for you! So here ya go:

1. This one came from Tiffany Gibson and she passed this along from an 80 year old that had skin of a 40 year old:  the tip is to drink half your body weight in water every day! So at 170 pounds you would drink 85 ounces of water per day! Happy body = happy skin. {I have already started drinking MORE today!}
2. Always, always, always exfoliate! If you don't turn over those dead skin cells your skin wont show that beautiful radiance hiding beneath. Stay glowing=looking healthy! Indulge by Angie
3.  Highlight and keep the eye area bright. Lashes, lashes, lashes! Stephanie Wright Isis Spa
4. For puffy eyes dab a little Preparation H under eyes for an hour. OR a green tea bag soaked in warm water for 3 min. then squeeze out water and lay on eyes for 10 min. -Bridgette Fisher-Simply Everything
5. Lancomes Osillation Mascara primer is the best for enhancing the look of mascera is a great night tratment as well for lashes!
Indulge by Angie
the result of the beauty weekend??

Jennifer made TOP 5 at the pageant!!!!! She placed 3rd runner up!!! I am so proud of all her hard work and effort! Congrats on a JOB well done!!!!!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment